Thursday, July 09, 2015

I thought David Duke was voted out of office.

In 2012 Ezra Klein found 14 reasons why Congress was the worst ever. Today they sincerely proved this Congress is far worse than any other. They passed a bill that enforces racism. I never thought I'd see the day. 

I thought the country's Republican Party was slated to welcome minorities as an important electorate in the USA. I thought this was going to be the Congress that would embrace the Hispanic vote and work toward Immigration Reform. Wow, was I wrong. They have every reason to be ridiculed and cast as the "Congress of Hate." Even Lincoln didn't have this problem. 

I look forward to President Obama vetoing any bill that comes to his desk with racist directives. I don't care what bill it is. Hatred is not what the American people value. 

July 13, 2012
By Ezra Klein

This week, (click here) the House of Representatives voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act. On its own, such a vote would be unremarkable. Republicans control the House, they oppose President Obama’s health reform law, and so they voted to get rid of it.
But here’s the punchline: This was the 33rd time they voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
Holding that vote once makes sense. Republicans had promised that much during the 2010 campaign. But 33 times? If doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result makes you insane, what does doing the same thing 33 times and expecting a different result make you?...

I don't see any hurry to negotiate with Iran or reconcile trade agreements. Happy adjournment.

There is only one person(s) capable of bringing all the House Republicans to cast a hate vote; the Kochs. Their silence is deafening. 

I would fully expect any donor to the Republican Party to think twice before writing that check.