Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Her siblings were African American through adoption.

June 16, 2015


...Dolezal (click here) rose to prominence as a black woman but was revealed last week as white by her parents.
“I don’t see why they’re in such a rush to whitewash the work that I have done and who I am and how I have identified,” she said Tuesday. The timing of the revelation, she said, “was a shock. I mean, wow.”
But, she noted of her racial identity: “I’ve had to answer a lot of questions throughout my life.”...

She legitimately identified as black during very formative years.

June 14, 2015
By Angela Bronner Helm

...Rachel (click here) became estranged from her parents Larry Dolezal and Ruthanne Dolezal and cut off contact with them sometime after her 2004 divorce, according to The News. The Dolezal parents had adopted four black children, and Rachel took her adopted brother Izaiah Dolezal to live with her when he was a teen....

I think she is correct to time for herself to reflect on how, as a very successful woman, she impacts her own life through false legal identification and how it effects her work and the people that touches. I think she legitimately has performed great work. 

I think it is wrong to self-identify as black if she is not genetically a woman of color. I think her legal standing is important. Laws and regulations have been developed over time to benefit our minorities. It is not a minor issue at all. She also has a lot of work to do, especially with the assault against Blacks by state and federal governments targeting them to remove their vote from suppposed free and open elections.