Monday, July 15, 2013

Mr. O'Mara is incorrect.

The Zimmerman Case was not about self-defense. It was about the pursuit of a young man walking home. I find the implication that it took Trayvon Martin a long time to cover a short distance before being murdered more than an implication to the justification of his profiling. That is manipulative and unwarranted. He never, in his travel to his father's home, committed any crime or scoped out any potential crime. A young woman on the cell phone with Mr. Martin TESTIFIED he was dodging raindrops.  How dare you!

I understand Mr. Zimmerman has left with his family. That was a fairly decent thing to do. I doubt sincerely it would be easy for anyone on either side of this issue to happen across each other while conducting their daily lives. I think it was a good idea. It shows respect and remorse to a certain extent. This was a tragedy unlike anything anyone could imagine. It is painful for everyone, including many Americans who would never have known Trayvon Martin before any of this. It is somewhat of a relief that Mr. Zimmerman has taken leave from the neighborhood. I wish him no ill will. He should NOT feel retribution from anyone. I mean that. 

You know the African American community in the USA knows what it is to be targets. They know all to well. No one needs to dredge up the old feelings of hooded madmen on their way to self-prescribed justice. In my heart of hearts I sincerely believe there is a greater ill will at work here and all need to remind themselves of the hatred we dispel as our own. We don't need to own hatred of any man or any woman to achieve a higher calling in regard this matter. We have people listening. There is an ongoing investigation. We cannot become the hate we so much disdain. Just don't go there. We are all better than that. 

I really don't care where he went. No lie. I hope he rides every boogie board between here and hell. And he should do it in good health.