Saturday, December 25, 2010

At no time in my Irish heritage that reaches back past Ellis Island to the counties of Mayo and Galway...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

...did I ever account for the freedom my family cherished and the loyalty we fought for in wars to Christianity.  Don't get me wrong.  My Irish heritage spells out a strong faith in God.  A Christian God.  But, never once, (I am third generation in the USA.) did any member of my family attribute their cherished freedoms and comfort in life to anything but 'clean living' and 'hard work.'

As I close this Christmas message and reflect on 'the state of the condition' of the country and the people the Plutocracy left in its wake, I reclaim my country's history and a right to call the USA mine, the Tea Party an event in the human condition and the Revolutionary War as a manifestation of the power of the individual.

I resent the Republicans playing word games with my country's history and attempting to remove the authority of that history to a political party with a pathetic past and dissolving future.

The United States of America belongs to all of us.  It's rich history of heroes of individuals on a common mission for freedom, liberty and happiness belong to us all. 

The common good is about 'the state of the human condition' in the United States of America.

I reclaim my country and the right to be a person with a rich heritage that proclaims my values as important.

It is more than an ideology.  It is a long history of 'the individual' to achieve freedom, meaning and expression within the liberty of a government structure that serves and protects.