Sunday, September 05, 2010

I like it. It is a vast improvement over the yellow stuff. I am really tired of the American press continually running this President into the ground.


I wish someone would have an interview with the First Lady to talk about the new digs for the Obama's Oval Office.

I like the warm, neutral colors.  I like beige and brown.  I helps highlight the flags and the outdoors in the windows.  

Really, really nice.  I was hoping President Obama was going to put his personal touch on the Oval Office.  It was done with a great deal of reverence to our heritage and I am very proud of the initiative to place so many wonderful words within the close proximity of a great President.

There is no misquotes on the President's rug.  Martin Luther King, Jr. is attributed in stating the words,  "The Arc of the Moral Universe Is Long, but It Bends Toward Justice."

I know it seems a little silly to rely on a 'bumper sticker' but the quote made by King is a populous issue as well. 

It is referenced in the book below in Chapter 5.   Dr. King quoted many sources of inspiration, including the Bible.  I would not be surprised if he quoted another minister while making his own statements regarding Civil Rights.  I also believe President Obama has stated those words in some of his speeches.   

Beyond Political Liberalism: Toward a Post-Secular Ethics of Public Life [Paperback], authored by Trop Dostert. 

So, Jamie Stiehm of The Washington Post owes the Obama White House a sincere apology and should be suspended from "The Post" for his angry and arrogant assessment of a beautiful decor change to the Oval Office.