Thursday, January 28, 2010

Preident Obama talked about everything last night. I have four pages of notes. And what is the headline this morning?

Camera catches a narrow view of State of the Union (click title to entry - thank you)

Maryland lawmakers were pretty well-behaved during Obama speech


Camera angles and demeanor of local elected officials.

This country has got problems and this is the media's response.

I would have expected all kinds of opinion and discussions, charts and graphs and a huge headline that reads, "President Obama to roll back Don't Ask, Don't Tell." What do I get? Camera angles and demeanor.


Well, I just loved Nancy's outfit last night, didn't you? It was a pale shade of orchid and I think it was new. Did you notice how Joe had a tie to match and I think I saw that same tie on one of the Cabinet members. And then when Mitchell showed up in her purple dress, well you had to know there must have been a conspiracy. And I didn't see the Secretary of State, but, maybe the camera angles simply missed her.

Dear God, what has happened to this country? Does everyone worry about 'getting caught on film these days?' I mean for real.