Friday, August 21, 2009

"We want our money back." - Click title of entry for trailer - thank you.


I had the profound pleasure this year to be at Traverse City Film Festival from the time the "Friends" rolled out their "Pot Luck Dinner" to the "Closing Night Party." The Traverse City Film Festival was celebrating its fifth year of "Just good films,' but, for the people that have been there from its inception, it was an astounding week.

In a year where 'believers' were worried, the film festival would be struggling to make ends meet, it actually experienced a 37% increase in sponsorships.

Nice. The TCFF is a cultural icon for many reasons, but, it has been a solice for those of us that sincerely believe in 'equitable democracy.'

I attended "Mike's Surprise" and he kindly showed us the trailer to the film, "Capitalism, A Love Story," while it still had all the edits noted in the film loop. I loved the trailer then and now when I see it complete, I can't wait to see the movie.

I will review the movies I attended at the TCFF one of these evenings, but, currently I believe my time is best served reading the tenative House Bill for Health Insurance Reform and hopefully bring a perspective that is not at all talked about in the media, especially the Right Wing mess.

Enjoy the trailer. I've only played it about seven times so far.