Sunday, October 11, 2020

Orthodox? Pope Francis doesn't discern the difference between an orthodox and a regular Catholic. There are just Catholics.

There are Greek Orthodox Catholics, but, all that is about whether or not they are under the structure of the Vatican. At one time there were schisms of Catholics that didn't abide under the authority of the Pope. I think most of that has resolved to the allegiance to the Pope. But, that is another topic. 

A justice's religion should never enter the picture in how they practice on the bench. Her faith doesn't bother me so much as her allegiance to the Federalist Society and their desire to see the USA as a flagship for Evangelicals. That is just wrong and victimizes a lot of Americans, including 51 percent of the population in the USA, women. That is a lot of victimization by a justice to the Supreme Court.

I find Coney-Barrett embarrassing. I have never read such hogwash by an academic that deliberately assaults the USA Constitution in order to get a permanent seat on the Supreme Court. She should not have demanded her memberships to an extremist club where they speak in tongues be removed. They will only go back up if she is confirmed. Why take them down? WHAT IS SHE HIDING?

Being Catholic is not an issue. Being a wacko is the issue.

September 27, 2020
By Matthew Brown

She has previously been criticized by some (click here) on the left for her religious views, with some liberal critics fearing that her beliefs would override her judicial impartiality.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., a fellow Catholic, pressed Barrett on her use of the term "orthodox Catholic" in an article she co-wrote as a law student.

“I’m a product of 19 years of Catholic education. And every once in a while, Holy Mother the Church has not agreed with a vote of mine. And (she) has let me know,” Durbin told Barrett. “You use a term in that article — or you both use a term in that article — I’d never seen before. You refer to 'orthodox Catholics.' What’s an orthodox Catholic?" Durbin asked.

Barrett acknowledged it was "an imperfect term" after which Durbin asked Barrett if she considered herself an orthodox Catholic.

"If you're asking whether I take my faith seriously and I'm a faithful Catholic, I am," Barrett responded. "Although I would stress that my personal church affiliation or my religious belief would not bear in the discharge of my duties as a judge."