Tuesday, October 07, 2014

With all due respect, are you people crazy? The ones behind this are the Pro-Life people, are they?

October 7, 2014
Some readers (click here) who commented on a Room for Debate forum about the dismal state of elder care said they wanted to be able to end their lives on their own terms to avoid a drawn-out, onerous death. A 29-year-old woman with terminal brain cancer has announced a campaign to support physician-assisted suicide leading up to her own death next month. Since Oregon became the first state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients, Montana, New Mexico, Vermont and Washington have permitted it.
Should the right to die be expanded further, and if so, what should the standards be?

I am tried of people wanting to die beyond their normal longevity. This is dangerous. Russia has an euthanasia law. It isn't appropriate. If some OLD people are bored and depressed then get together and spend an afternoon at the local honky-tonk bar.

I mean it. 

When I retire at 65 years of age I will have worked 50 years. 50 YEARS! I have paid into Social Security and Medicare all those years. When I hit 65 I fully expect to get all 50 years of investment back!

I was impressed when I saw a segment on a South American community whereby the oldest person in the Andes Mountains was 135 years old. He was cherished for his wisdom and the fact he was valued for simply living that long. The community cared for him. He didn't have to worry about a pension either. Where is the Great Society I was born into?