Monday, February 02, 2009

It wasn't enough that Barak had to be sworn in my a Neocon Chief Justice that couldn't remember his lines, but, this?


Now I ask you, whom do you trust your Constitution to?



Yes, folks. That is definitely Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice of the United States, sleeping through Barack Obama's inaugural address. Even his pal Antonin Scalia had the decency to frown through the speech with his eyes open.

OPINION: GOP Atheist Tells Michael Steele to Divorce Religious Right (click here)
By American Atheists , An Educational Organization for Atheists - January 31, 2009

...David Silverman of American Atheists had this response:

I am a Republican Atheist, but I haven't voted for a Republican since Christie Whitman because I haven't been able to do so.

I believe in gun rights, a small government, low taxes, and a strong military. I believe the unions can be just as corrupt as corporations, and I believe in "workfare not welfare".

But I can't vote Republican, ever, because they have become tools of the Religious Right. They are, in my opinion, much more concerned about Intelligent Design, Faith-Based Initiatives, and making ME a 2nd class citizen than any of the issues on which we agree....