Monday, November 12, 2012

Did I tell or did I tell you.

Some time ago the British tried to say the additional sea ice around Antarctica was good news. 

NOT. 

I said it as soon as the British report came out and now guess what? I was correct the entire time.

The net loss of sea ice globally isn't even the worst of it. The new phenomena at Antarctica is proof there is a changing climate and it is not good news.

Damian Carrington
Sunday 11 November 2012 13.01 EST
...Two decades (click here) of measurements show that changing wind patterns around Antarctica have caused a small increase in sea ice, the result of cold winds off the continent blowing ice away from the coastline.
"Until now these changes in ice drift were only speculated upon using computer models," said Paul Holland at the British Antarctic Survey. "Our study of direct satellite observations shows the complexity of climate change.
"The Arctic is losing sea ice five times faster than the Antarctic is gaining it, so, on average, the Earth is losing sea ice very quickly. There is no inconsistency between our results and global warming."
The extent of sea ice is of global importance because the bright ice reflects sunlight far more than the ocean that melting uncovers, meaning temperature rises still further....

I've only been actively assessing the arctic areas and storms of Earth for over twelve years. I mean for real. How many others have done this relentlessly day in an day out. I know my planet.

By the way, Hurricane Sandy is the largest storm in history.