Saturday, June 20, 2015

It isn't about hate. I want justice. Justice is obtained through our laws, not our guns.


The 7th District AME Church (click here)

The families that spoke at the bail hearing of Mr. Roof are incredibly brave people. Their voices pulled at my heart and made by spirit stronger.

This act of terrorism was simply another event in the lives of African Americans in the USA. It was another event, STILL. I understand the words of the families when they forgave Mr. Roof. I sincerely do. I hold those people in my heart when I write about this horribly violent event.

I cannot get their terror at the time of their death out of mind. These people did not deserve to have the experience of such words and actions in their lives, especially at their death. 

I remember there were survivors. I remember the gun was well positioned to kill and not wound. Their lives were planned and mulled over before the event occurred. I cannot forget.

Within the history of the USA is the realization that if this happened fifty years ago it would be a black man the South Carolinian law enforcement officers would be hunting. There would be no doubt there was a black man possessed by the devil that carried out the crime.

Fifty years ago, a half a century, only a short time from the Civil War, the hate of the black man existed above all other hate.

Today, we stand the post. We are the watchmen that look out for the truth. Today, we embrace the truth to bring about sustaining justice. This is 2015. I can't believe I am still standing the post. There is no forgiveness and the justice has to be sustainable never to be repeated ever again.