Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I am pleased to see Senator Markey involved with the "Green New Deal." He has wanted a bill to end GHG pollution longer than anyone in the Senate. If he says the bill is not ready, then it is not ready. I have confidence he knows something about having a bill properly prepared and ready for a vote.

I was looking for a CBO score on it and when I didn't find it I expected it was not ready. It does raise questions as to why Mitch McConnell wanted to bring it forward without it being completed. I am quite sure McConnell knows when a bill is ready for a vote. It is too bad the entire Senate isn't ready for such a bill. It should be. I am sure they are concerned about the world their children and grandchildren inherit. They can't possibly end their concern at an inheritance tax, right?