Thursday, August 10, 2006

Minerva's

I didn't set out to find a five star hotel restaurant to test the best cuisine in Traverse City, Michigan, it just worked out that way.

I was not disappointed. Minerva's served some of the best Michigan has to offer with a special 'local' menu of the day including a 'Cherry Torte' for dessert. The cuisine was fantastic, the chef deserved a standing ovation, the service was great. I made a good choice and never once did I believe I was in a hotel restaurant. It was a place I had researched locally and they were right. Minerva's proved to 'Do Traverse City Proud' for all the care it took to find the pride of the area and create a menu to enhance it. I enjoyed myself a great deal and took home a bottle of a local wine (Not cheap - $28.00) as a soveigner and gift to my son who likes to exercise his 'chef' side from time to time.