It is good to hear from President Zelensky. He stated Witkoff had good suggestions. I hope those suggestions finally result in a peace agreement.
It has been a very long time. The war has taken many lives. Children are still unsettled and some I believe are still missing. They have not all been returned to their homeland. Part of any peace agreement is to secure the countries involved so their children are safe.
There is a lot about these circumstances that go beyond Ukraine and involve NATO. With that understanding it would seem to me there would be more than just suggestions. There are NATO border incursions by drones. The war is taking on incremental problems for NATO. What concerns me is that an incremental problem will become far more than incremental and unmanageable and NATO will be compromised. I find all this mess rather worrisome.
There are concerns for the capacity of Ukraine to return to normal, especially it's agricultural sector. The world needs Ukraine at it's best and that for some reason does not seem to be important to Vladimir Putin. Ukraine and it's people are important to a world for peaceful purposes. It is not a warring nation. Ukraine was at peace with all other countries and working on a corruption clean up when it was invaded. There are nuclear facilities at risk. There is a lot in Ukraine too important to the world in general to simply accept good suggestions.
I am glad President Zelensky is finding the USA can be positive and attempt to find reconciliation, but, this current administration isn't as trustworthy as it should. I am concerned they are serving Moscow's purpose all too much.
by Tim Zadorozhnyy
U.S. President Donald Trump's envoys (click here), Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, brought Kyiv some "pretty good, decent" ideas on how to end Russia's war against Ukraine, President Volodymyr Zelensky told reporters on Sept. 8.
Zelensky said it remains unclear whether the proposals can actually work.
"We need to understand whether we can implement them and make them effective," the Ukrainian president said. "I don't know yet if it will work out."
His comments came days after Witkoff and Kushner traveled to Moscow and Kyiv with revised peace proposals in an apparent attempt to restart negotiations that have been deadlocked for months....