Sunday, October 07, 2007

1 Corinthians 13 is not the same for everyone? Click on this title to a link that has sound of the entire passage.


The drop down screen obviously takes a viewer to many interpretations, however, not every venue has sound, "The New International Verson" does have sound.

This 'spiritual note' above and at the bottom of the listed Bible entries are 'applications' of this passage in secular literature. Realizing how people incorporate what they find inspirational into writing that many people, with and without a perscribed faith, will read and also find inspirational leads to the point that a democracy can 'contain' the same values regardless of the 'particular' value systems of it's members. It is those value systems and their diversity which is an incredible feat of the American experience. The Evangelical Christians seeking domination of the people of this nation and the policies of the USA want to take that 'miracle' called The United States of America away from us.

The USA 'has been' a marvelous example of tolerance with a 'melting pot' heritage. Who among us doesn't love corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day or Misteltoe at Christmas or Pizza from the local 'take out?' Who among us can't appreciate the 'difference' of the colors of the rainbow or realize the 'common' plight a health issue such as cancer presents? Dearly few, so what is the problem in the tolerance of Evangelical Christians when it comes to realizing they need to RESPECT the laws that apply to all this nation rather than a limited population.

I would like to know the number of Jewish Synagogues that have closed down over the past seven years and how many have opened. You won't readily find those numbers anywhere as a measure to the spiritual health of the USA. I also wonder how many relish in that thought in the Conservative Christian community and how many feel the destruction of the Islamic Holy Land is a measure of progress. Oh, it exists. I know it does. These are not 'bitter' words, they are words of concern. The demise of any culture is not the answer to the world's problems. Quite the contrary.


1 Corinthians 13:11

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways.

King James Bible
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

American Standard Version
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.

Bible in Basic English
When I was a child, I made use of a child's language, I had a child's feelings and a child's thoughts: now that I am a man, I have put away the things of a child.

Douay-Rheims Bible
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child.

Darby Bible Translation
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I reasoned as a child; when I became a man, I had done with what belonged to the child.

English Revised Version
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.

Tyndale New Testament
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I imagined as a child: but as soon as I was a man I put away childishness.

Weymouth New Testament
When I was a child, I talked like a child, felt like a child, reasoned like a child: when I became a man, I put from me childish ways.

Webster's Bible Translation
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

World English Bible
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things.

Young's Literal Translation
When I was a babe, as a babe I was speaking, as a babe I was thinking, as a babe I was reasoning, and when I have become a man, I have made useless the things of the babe;

'When I was a child I thought as a child ...': the importance of memory in constructions of childhood and social order in a selection of post-disaster fictions.
Papers: Explorations into Children's Literature, September, 2005 by Braithwaite, Elizabeth

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb4926/is_200509/ai_n18067828


When I Was a Child I Thought as a Child
Roger Parham-Brown
Callaloo, No. 30 (Winter, 1987), pp. 55-70
doi:10.2307/2930635
This article consists of 16 page(s).

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0161-2492(198724)30%3C55%3AWIWACI%3E2.0.CO%3B2-K