Friday, May 01, 2020

Journalism standard. Who reminds FOX News daily there is something called a journalism standard? Whatever is said today by Joe Biden will be dissected and served up very differently than any journalism standard. Where was the journalism standard when sports figures are accused of sexual assault. There are different standards for women and men.

A former Senate staffer (click here) for Joe Biden claims that he sexually assaulted her in 1993. Biden on Friday said "unequivocally, it never, never happened...

I can't' find a description of Ms. Reade's job at the Biden office? I am trying to find a reference to her job description. Besides carrying a gym bag to the place where Biden was waiting for it, what did she do? 

Joe Biden (click here) denied a former Senate staffer's allegation of sexual assault on Friday, saying “this never happened.”

Another thing I observed that occurred as Joe Biden stated his denial of any allegations is the rapid release of that by the media. The media already had their articles ready to publish as soon as he uttered his first sentence. Literally, I was looking at my phone while he spoke and as soon as the period at the end of the sentence of denial occurred NPR released the headline stating Biden denied any allegations. I thought to myself, "Gee, the media certainly types fast."

Shame on any media outlet that composed their article OF FACT before the appearance of the former Vice President.

But, what is lacking in Ms. Reade's complaint is context. She is placed on the day of her complaint carrying a gym bag to then Senator Biden. The entire complaint is sterile as to the context in which she worked including her job description. What I find offensive is that this is 1993 and women working in an office are still FETCHING things for their boss. I thought by 1993 the coffee pot was everyone's responsibility. Did Ms. Reade regularly handle menial tasks for the Senator and why? I find the idea she fetched his gym bag to his location is offensive. At the coffee pot these days, everyone gets their own. If I was asked to bring my boss a cup of coffee or his gym bag I'd tell him to get his own and firmly stand that being a handmaiden was not in the job description.