Thursday, June 21, 2007

Michael Moore has grown into an international phenomena



Tribeca Film Festival, 5/11/2003


It isn't unusual for me to write Mike at least once a month regarding all kinds of issues. Today when I sent an e-mail off it came back. That has never happened before.


I thought I better get my ducks in order for Traverse Film Festival starting July 29, 2007. So, per usual I called the Bayshore Resort for reservations. They were sold out. Well before a month ahead of the opening of the film festival my favorite hotel was sold out. That has never happened before.


Every place I turn, Mike is appearing on television. He is rescuing nurses from the clutches of failure in patient advocacy. That has never happened before.


Michael Moore has become bigger than life with the release of "Sicko." I am happy for you Michael. It is about time America finally recognizes a wonderful 'boy next door' story that stands for 'truth, justice and the American way.' I hope he is enjoying every minute of the attention he is getting and bringing to the subject of American healthcare; I know I am enjoying watching every minute of it more than I can say.


We love you, Mike !


Those that seek to 'find fault' with Michael Moore are simply 'nit-picking' over a very serious subject. Recently on 'The View' there was a statement made about how government 'health care' fails the poorest of the people of the USA. It isn't the 'health care' of Medicaid in years gone by that failed the poor. Not in my case. When my sons and I were abandoned by a spouse estranged by methamphetamines I had no place to turn but the social service department of my county. The social workers explained the Medicaid program to me and in all honesty it took excellant care of my sons and me including dental care. The failure of the system was to provide housing in a timely fashion that would allow me my children and I dignity. Medicaid never failed us. Ever.


When I finally did get into housing, I returned to an education that gave me a career whereby I educated by sons. That career is still providing a way of life for me that will take we into my retirement years. When given the opportunity to 'have a life' most Americans take it. Having a life in the USA includes finding healthcare that works to keep one working and providing for their futures. Mike is right. He usually is. A healthy America is a great America.