Thursday, July 21, 2022

Sorry to hear President Biden has COVID.

My 87 year old mother recently tested positive and had symptoms, but, she took the COVID pill and she is fine today. Back to herself. I wish the President a speedy recovery.

She sometimes is noncompliant with the mask. She goes maskless with friends, even a friend that had a COVID headache for five days. Go figure. 

She has promised to not be so carefree again. She doesn't really mean it.

I tested negative before my mother became ill and I am still testing negative. The last time I tested was  this morning and it is very, very negative. It is possible to be at home, or in this case my mother's home, care for a person that is positive and remain negative.

SOCIAL DISTANCING WORKS.

MASKS WORK. 

HAND HYGIENE WORKS ESPECIALLY IF TOUCHING THE FACE. 

I was at my mother's home because she was recuperating from the removal of her gall bladder. Amazing to think she has had her gall bladder all these 87 years.

Yesterday was her sister's 80th birthday. She has one other sister at the age of 82. They are hardy women. All still live the lives they have lived all their lives. They are mentally sharp, happy and active.

Either you believe in longevity or you don't. They are great women and have raised great families, including great grandchildren. They have lived healthy lives. No smoking, the occasional glass of wine and a three day meal. All their husbands were forced to stop smoking, too. All their husbands have lived at least to the age of 80. One sister still has her husband.

Clean living matters. I might add, they pray everyday and frequently attend mass. It is their lifestyle and it works for them. My guess is that they regularly offer their concerns up to God. They have low stress levels with a full range of emotions. They love politics.

My mother heard the news about the President and stated, "I can relate."

I will be leaving her to her life in a couple of weeks and return home.