Friday, September 02, 2005

A Country Finds Itself Alone.

conti2005 - 6:58 AM ET September 2, 2005 (#65417 of 65435)Impeach Bush and Cheney ! Rove is their 'Front Man'

I don't know where to begin...


The Man-Made Disaster

... maybe I do.

... and victims were almost invariably poor and black.

... and victims were almost invariably poor and black.

... and victims were almost invariably poor and black.

THEY FORGOT THEY WERE THERE. Maybe even conveniently didn't want to remember they were there. Those responsible at the federal level were hoping everyone else did forgot, too.

I knew they were there. I been behind the bayous. I've seen the impoverished. I know the way they live and how their lives are so tenuous that if you care about humanity you NEVER let government forget where their most needy are.

I want to blame myself for not being on the net last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I made a few insulting remarks and pointed views and somehow I thought it would be enough. When I finally sat down Monday to look at the world again in earnest I realized there were people who probably didn't know a Global Warming Eddy was on it's way that would surely kill them.

People like Bob Herbert, Nicholas Kristof know all to well that the people they write about are real and live on a string of survival. Sometimes that survival is a journalist who have devoted their life to making every reality count to the point of resolve.

Earth adopted me about six years ago and it won't let me go. We walk together everyday and I have studied it from many venues of reality. When I looked at the massive storm covering the Gulf I saw a huge churning system depositing heat in massive amounts into the waters to make the troposphere cooler at best as Earth can. When I turned on the television after mostly a moratorium of noise, so I thought, I realized the journalists I ususally listen to for information were lulled into believing things were going well. Being as good as they can be and they are, they didn't realize this storm was going to kill massive amounts of people. I started to scream across the net on these boards and whether people want to believe it or not the ATTENTION began to pick up.

My entry on my blog was 'What happened?' I knew there was grossly inadequate response. This is not my job. I worked my job last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I don't get paid for this. But I sure feel responsible, especially now to be 'there' to give horribly nasty but REAL argument to the LETHARGY of this administration who DOESN'T believe in excellance in science and it's applied principles to humanity.

Over the past week what played out was a late awareness of the severity of Global Warming and Climate Change. When this storm was about to destroy at will all that was immovable what Washington, DC did not provide was an expertise that the States and certainly Cities don't have the capacity of providing. An expertise that would WARN everyone along the coast the storm coming at them was more than the usual hurricane.

Katrina passed over Florida as a 'measured' Cat One. The curiosity was that it had done far more damage than a measured Cat One would do and there were seven dead. This storm was no wimpy issue and it had skirted south crossing Florida where Andrew had crossed. THAT was all very important clues as to what was coming.

Oddly, when I normally would get out on the net and NOTE that fact I was so completely disgused with so much as what I was seeing as impacting this country I took a sebatical for a weekend to recall if my perspective was correct. I never changed my mind about anything over the weekend and came back Monday to a nightmare in front of my eyes for the absense of my angry voice on the net.

That is what I believe. That is my reality. Why? Because this adminsitration doesn't believe in science as it does not serve it's constituency. It's 'power' base. I would love for Intelligent Design to set up a WARNING SYSTEM to beat the one I can provide without computer models or a staff of DEGREED people who pray over learning.

This 'mess' is horrible. It is compliments of an administration who couldn't care less about the people of this country. We are not prepared for disaster. We have no sufficient Homeland Security and I don't want to hear how people like me can find ways of 'picking' on the government for all the problems that exist. I have a right to have a life I can count on everyday. I have a right to live a quality of life my father fought for when he served in the military. I have a right to my safety and sanity. I am not a commodity. I am not a disposable body after a storm that was poorly seen as a danger. The MANDATORY EVACUATION of New Orleans was AFTER I spent time screaming about the people who were being left behind.

DON'T TELL ME THERE ARE EXPERTS IN DC THAT CAN ASSIST MY LIFE AT TIMES OF NEED. TIMES OF EMERGENCY. THERE ISN'T. DON'T TELL NORTH CAROLINA WE CAN RELY ON DC TO HELP. WE DIDN'T GET ASSISTANCE. WE PROVIDED AND NOW PROVIDE OUR OWN.

I know what it is to stand alone in opinion and be ABSOLUTELY correct over and over and over again.

This past week was a crime against the people of this country and when there should have been preparedness knowing where 'at risk' populations were to move them IMMEDIATELY to high ground there was NONE.

We are not Indonesia. We are not Aceh. We are not Somalia. We are not India. But, now we have to former presidents who are treating us like we are. This is an outrage.

Today, General Spider Marks is giving comment on the hostilities in New Orleans between people who feel they have to take their city away from a government that allowed their death. Gee, does this sound like some other expertise he has? This is general that watched the Iraqi insurgency grow up under him. You should have heard him speak. Talk about hate for those in the streets of New Orleans. These are not Iraqi insurgents. They are terrified people, drug addicts and alcoholics in withdrawal or not WE ARE AMERICANS.

This country is in trouble. It has no assets. It has demoralized scientific authority. It has gross imcompetence in government at the highest levels. We need a new leadership and where Bill Clinton stands next to the Bushes in agreement of the issues when all that should have been averted then we know we are on our own to find an authority that can look after us as the current people in DC are grossly incompetent to provide the people of this country with what it needs.

The Astrodome has 5000 evacuees. That is equivalent to a small city. It should have it's own police force, health authority, teachers, etc. That should hold true for every 'small city' grown out of the evacuees of New Orlean, Louisiana and Mississippi. Where there exists closed military bases there needs to be openeed 'small cities' where people can occupy housing and mess halls while finding and building an economy either back in a City of New Orleans returned to them or new places they call home. The inattention of this administration to details and caring is outrageous and it is time those that can make a difference do so.