Friday, January 06, 2006



January 3, 2006.

On US Highway 36 where it travels through Boulder, Colorado; 70 mile per hour wind guts picked up a tractor tailer, with questionable contents and weight, off the road and dropped it on the side of that road. There is no report about the driver. But it looks like he or a person to help is standing outside the cab. Also noted a car is on the scene.

I was once lead driver of a team that lead three semis in a coast to coast perishable goods enterprise. In other words, we were 'gypsies' carrying produce in refigerator trucks. We worked for brokers NOT companies. At any rate, a holiday came and I took my "ET" sheets out of the cab along with a stuffed ET that keep me company as a gift from my children and headed home for a couple of weeks. My co-driver, whom we shared no romance, named "Bobby" decided to take it alone and continue to run the route.

I received a telephone call three days later stating Bobby was hospitalized in Texas when he was dropped just as illustrated in this picture at the side of Interstate 20. Tractor Trailers have a wide profile and high clearence. It is the perfect design for strong winds to lift it off the road and carry it. Bobby was loaded with produce wieghing nearly 80,000 pounds on his way to California. So much for being weighted down. Posted by Picasa