Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Geneva Conventions prevents showing all the photos. I'd like to respect that.


British Prisoner Abuse 3 Posted by Hello

The other photos show an Iraqi prisoner with a 'net dropped on him' while being kicked. Abused. A prisoner is placed on a fork lift and dangled in mid-air. The worst of it is that if one uses their imagination one can easily imagine that prisoner being threatened with his own life by having the fork lift operator shake the prisoner up and down at the mercy of threats to probably kill him. The entire situation was completely horrible and I cannot believe these soldier were found not guilty. I don't expect prisoners to be handled with 'kit gloves' but it won't hurt.

What outrages me is to realize a lot of the prisoners were released because they shouldn't have been prisoners in the first place.

So. To respect the Iraqis in the photos so they are not continually victimized and to honor international documents I respect. This is the only photo I'll continually show on the blog. It appears to me that the face is blurred out to protect the prisoner's identity.