Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Military wife ponders her vote for next president

By ELISABETH KADLEC
Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Until a few years ago, I am almost embarrassed to say, I never voted. Then I became the wife of an Army officer. For me, choosing a candidate is not based on which party I tend to side with, but which candidate will make the best choices for the armed forces and my family....
...On Nov. 4, my vote will be counted along with all military families. Not all military families’ political beliefs are the same as mine. However, I believe that we can all agree on the following: We miss our spouses. We want our soldiers to be safe. We want smart decisions to be made. Does that mean that Obama or McCain is the right choice? I have chosen to vote for Obama.
• Elisabeth Kadlec, a mother of two, lives in Fayetteville.