Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Blue State"




I was not as wildly happy about this film as many in the audience were. It has a moral ending that brings everyone that identifies with the 'Democratic Reality Escapists' back home on grounds we all can call 'sound American values' embedded in 'Revolutionary War Values.'


The film was made for a simple understanding of the 'post Kerry defeat of 2004 depression' so many in the country felt when Bush was again president of the USA. Realize, many in the country before the 2004 elections already knew the reality of 'the truth' regarding Iraq and believed every aspect of Fahrenheit 911 as it since has become known as reality film making and not just political rhetoric.


The film had it's surprises and it had a proper place at Traverse, but, I simply wasn't 'into it' the way others were and to that end I didn't consider it among the best of the festival. I guess I didn't need the emotional lift this film gave to those still feeling alienated from a political system that mostly disappoints rather than rewards for good citizenship. I made my peace with that along time ago.


But, for those seeking solice from lingering depression that Bush's pharmaceutical companies don't have a cure for, this will fit the bill nicely.


That concluded the film day for me and the second would prove to be more insightful than the first. I retired after midnight to my suite, sunk into the spa tub and refreshed myself with a good night's sleep for what would be an eye opening Day Number Two. Surprises at every turn.